Wednesday, December 19, 2007

My Big Little Girls

"...go take care of Ayelet, I'll manage."

Now you may wonder what event preceded this line. Were Ruby and I, building a large piece of furniture? (actually I do all the furniture building on my own, so no). Were we in the middle of preparing a scrumptious feast for a late night dinner? (enter laugh track) Maybe you think we were battling flying aliens invading through the back window. But you would be wrong. Here is what really happened...

Ayelet had finished her bath and was watching TV in the living room, while Hadas had her shower. I was helping Hadas a little with the shampoo, when Ayelet started crying outside. Hence the "It's OK Mum, go take care of Ayelet, I'll manage." I think I actually teared up a little bit when she said it, she sounded so mature. Of course, several minutes later she was complaining that she just couldn't put on her pajamas by herself, I just had to help her! But as I have mentioned in earlier blogs, I try to embrace these little moments where she still wants my help.
And in general she does take excellent care of all her sister's needs including entertainment or leaving cheerios on the floor for Ayelet to find and eat.


Now it's no secret that I let my kids watch TV, but I do try to interact with them a little. As you can see in this video, the problem occurs when I try to interact with the TV on. Take special note towards the end of the video at Ayelet's eye movements. And please excuse my horrible Itsy Bitsy voice.



Other than that, all is well with us here. We are getting prepared for our trip to Canada next week. Well at least mentally prepared. Although can one really mentally prepare to go from the cold winters of Raanana (18 degrees) to the cold winters of Toronto (-18 degrees)?

I wonder if these thoughts were what led Hadas to skip around singing "Suicidal, Suicidal" OK, it was probably just that we had heard the Sean Kingston song, Beautiful Girls in the car on they way to pick up Ayelet -- but the subconscious works in mysterious ways.

My subconscious or would it be just my conscious is telling me to get back to work and stop blogging. I only have 3 days left to finish all my projects!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love seeing how glued Ayelet is to the TV, way to go Deb! that's so funny.

i am counting down my schlufies!

only 6 more to go!

xo
ak

Anonymous said...

My question is what was on TV that surpassed your beautiful voice? The BBC weather report from southeasterm Asia? The mortgage meltdown news from the US? Or did Miffy lose her mittens again?

Can't wait for the answer in person. Ayelet is definately a multi-tasker.