Sunday, September 30, 2007

Tabernacle Feasts for Everyone!

The Sukkot holiday is well underway! We spent the first chag with our friends the Dombs, who will become - if things don't change in the next twenty years - our inlaws!

Hadas refers to Gilad as her Chatan (groom) and defers her dessert choices to him.

Sharon: Hadas what kind of cake would you like?

Hadas: Apple. No wait, my chatan is having chocolate, I'll have chocolate too.

Don't they make a lovely pair?




Short side note....
Speaking of lovely couples, I woke up the other days to the sounds of Bob the Builder, and someone was calling Bob, "Dad". My first thought was, has Bob finally made an honest woman out of Wendy? As it turns out, Bob's father was in town, and Bob and Wendy are still denying their love for eachother...

We also had our very own Sukkot miracle. Ruby's etrog got lost on the way to lunch on the first day of the holiday, and we abandoned all hope of ever finding it. But, lo and behold on the walk home, there it was, laid gently on the paper recycling bin. I mean in today's society, that someone wouldn't see our little lemon looking fruit lying on the ground and want it for themselves... OK, so maybe it wasn't a huge miracle, but I still think it counts for something.

Hadas (who delights in having her own hadasim to shake around) set up her own Sukkot feast for her toys - the boys, animals and Dora related figures were forced to stay outside, while the other girls partied in the Sukkah. We are very into women's lib at our house.



Ayelet has also made progress this holiday season. She now has two sharp lower front teeth - believe me they are sharp. She has started to go up on her knees and rock around a little bit, so her crawling days are nearing!


I also wanted to say thanks to all of you who wished me well as I began my descent into old age on Friday. I still think I am 19 though, heading to the mall with a sock around my neck, DMGL knows what I am talking about :-)

I also had a surprise waiting for me at work this morning! Candy, balloons, and a pig for my phone!! I am a lucky gal. Thanks to Y.A.N.S. for this lovely tribute!



Enjoy the rest of the holiday!!

P.S. I love you Abba, glad you are going home. Make sure you take it easy!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We particularly liked this blog..it was very sentimental..good news about everyone...and a miracle to boot!!

Anonymous said...

i like the pig phone...but it somehow doesn't ring kosher...

AK

Anonymous said...

Thanks AK, did you happen to notice the screensaver with the snazzy blankets...

Anonymous said...

Yes! Send it to her website so she can post it www.admiralroad.com (for a free plug)

AK

PS - noticed someone else's 30th on the wall of your cube!

Anonymous said...

I think Benji made the same sukkah as Hadas! The universal kindergarten mini-sukkah kit.
I'm also waiting for Bob and Wendy to get things moving. Yes you can, Bob, yes you can!!!
xo aimee et al

Anonymous said...

a belated happy birthday
another great blog

love neal & sloane & rebecca & joel

Anonymous said...

[url=http://vtyupdr.com]KvSvILVdAtkOkH[/url] , dgHUoNup - http://pyfnknfrtw.com