Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Let Them Eat Steak!

Well the holiday season is officially over, now back to our regularly schedule blahs. No real hardcore blahs, just a couple, "wouldn't it be nice if I could just go away by myself for a week and do nothing" blahs.

This of course probably relates directly to the fact that Ruby is away in France this week, I have been told by several people that I must stop breastfeeding in the near future if I want Ayelet to readily take the bottle, and a severe lack of sleep. (Actually I slept pretty well last night.) But I have decided to turn blah into blog and here I am!

Last week we were gathered in the living room, everyone doing their own thing when I noticed that Hadas had set up a huge feast using every cup, spoon, bowl, plate, knife, fork and napkin at her disposal (her play things, not my stuff). She had created a beautiful spread and I thought wow looks like she is setting up for a wedding, or a fancy birthday party. She caught me looking, and smiled.

Her: Do you like it?

Me: Yes, you did a great job!

Her: Do you know who it is for?

Me: No, who is it for?

Her: Poor people who don't have food.

My daughter the philanthropist!

Me: What are they having?

Hadas: Steak.



She really is a very charitable girl, always thinking about other people and ready and willing to share. In fact yesterday she was wearing a cute jean skirt, with some beading - when she came home I noticed a little less beading.

Me: Hadas, what happened to your skirt?

Hadas: I gave some beads to my friends.

Me: sputter, sputter...oh whatever... please don't do that anymore.

Hadas: OK.

See, I am learning to pick my battles.

That's all I have to report today folks.

Wait, a couple mazal tovs before I go...


Mazal Tov to Judi and Andy (and the whole clan) on the addition of Jordon to the family. May you have much naches and joy from your new family. "As he has entered into the covenant, so may he be introduced into the study of Torah, to the chuppah, and to good deeds."


Mazal Tov to Sheryl and Behir Sabban on their recent nuptials. The wedding was beautiful. May you have a long, happy and healthy life together!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a generous Hadasi!!! She must be getting it from somewhere. Ayelet's diet will sort itself out eventually too..these are the building blocks of a mother's worry lines.

Bubie X

Anonymous said...

Deb, you've added color to the text! very exciting!

Looks like it was a beautiful wedding. Hope you are feeling better.

did u see my pic on facebook? with my straight hair?

xo
ak

SS said...

Was that Sheryl Tayar? Mazal tov!

Sarah K.W.

Anonymous said...

Yes, it was S.T. :-)

Anonymous said...

I just love that Hadasi - what a good girl!